I've had some Christians though that think that it's not good to post graphic abortion pictures like this because they think it's not something that God would have us do - but I'm convinced that God would have us see the reality of what is going on so that we would take action to do what we can to abolish human abortion. And how is this any worse than the violence on TV, movies, and video games today that most teenagers are exposed to?
Here are the memes so far that have been removed by Facebook:
There seems to be a lot of arbitrariness in the decisions of the admins that enforce the Facebook community guidelines. Whoever reviewed the meme below decided it was ok, as it was not removed but was limited to those who are over 18 and covered with a blur shield warning that you have to click on if you want to see the actual picture.
The information below is from the AHA website FAQ section:
WHY DO YOU DEPICT GRAPHIC AND OFFENSIVE IMAGES OF ABORTIONS?1) Abortion is gory and awful. If the truth offends you, should you not reconsider your own position?
2) Part of the power of abortion is that it happens behind closed doors. We know it is there, but we don’t see it, so it doesn’t touch us deep down, just like the Nazis killed Jews in the concentration camps. The locals knew it was happening, they saw the Jews carted in, the could see the smoke and smell the burning flesh, but they didn’t see the awful condition of the Jews. It wasn’t until Allied soldiers made them walk through the camps that they shuddered inside at the true barbarism of the Nazis.
And that’s what pictures of abortion do. It wakes us up to the cruel, violent, selfish, evil, barbaric, bloody act that abortion is. And hopefully, those who still have an sliver of a conscience will realize that abortion is morally repugnant.
3) Hopefully you’ll understand if we don’t take advice on how to effect the abolition of human abortion from any pro-choicer, from the well-known and well-heeled politician to the anonymous Internet troll, who isn’t fazed by those awful images. Why in the world don’t they trouble you? I’m not lying here – I can barely bring myself to look at them.
4) The abolitionists of human slavery undertook the same strategy in their noble efforts. They showed – in public – the shackles and chains used on slave ships, diagrams of slave ships with slaves packed in like sardines for the weeks-long voyage, pictures of people with massive scarring on their backs from lashes.
5) If these preborn children are merely clumps of cells, products of conception, parts of their mothers’ bodies, why are you so upset? Is it merely the sight of blood, or is something else going on? Are you 100% sure that some part of you doesn’t know that the remains of a dead child are not the same as, say, a set of extracted wisdom teeth?
6) See this article for more arguments along these lines.
7) If you look at the archives of this blog, you will also see quite a lot of interaction with so-called thoughtful pro-choicers. The pro-choicers never fare all that well, either.
Thing is, our approach is intended to be multifaceted, and these images aren’t doctored or made up out of thin air. This is really happening. Babies are really being dismembered. Real babies, with real blood and real internal organs and real brains.
The fact that you choose to chastise us for exposing the truth instead of chastising those who make a very good living off of dismembering babies tells us all we need to know about you. Repent, seriously.
For Further Reading / Research:
- Abortion - The Modern Holocaust.
- Abortion - God or Absurdity.
- Your Images are too Shocking! - Project Frontlines.